Header Ads

Newcastle United forward Sammy Ameobi opted to play for Nigeria





Newcastle forward Sammy Ameobi has opted to play for Nigeria.
The 22-year-old has represented England at under-21 level but will follow his older brother Shola's lead and play for the country of their parents.

"It wasn't a difficult decision because I decided to follow my heart and I think it's the right thing to do," Ameobi told BBC Sport.

"I saw Shola at the World Cup and for him to play at a major tournament like that is a big motivation."

"It would be nice, but I need to work extremely hard at club level to get the attention of the Nigerian coaches," he said.
"The country has a lot of talent. I just want to do well and hopefully get a chance with the Super Eagles."

Source: BBC Football

No comments

Powered by Blogger.